Periwinkle Bud Up Close
More shots with the Canon MP-E 65mm 1-5x macro lens that I rented over the Easter weekend. To find out more about the lens look at my blog Macro Salt Shaker.
Today’s pictures are of a periwinkle bud and some petal closeups too. Some of these images are at very high ISO values because I had a video setting interfering with the live view mode for stills. I sorted it out part way through these shots, but did not go back and fix all of them.
The shot above is at 5:1 magnification and is the bottom of the bud. This lens has the magnification marked on its barrel for 5x, 4x, 3x, 2x and 1x, although the magnification is continuous between those settings as well. The next 5 images are at those settings, in that order. Unfortunately I did not use exactly the same focus point for each shot, so they are not completely comparable, as with the ISO differences as well. To use a different magnification of this size means moving the lens each time, or the subject, and so the framing and focus point and other aspects change each time.
The following pictures are all at 5x of narcissus and periwinkle petals.
Canon 5Dii, Canon MP-E 65mm 1-5x Macro Lens. Exposure details:
- Top bud stem: ISO 1600, f-8, 1/80th
- Bud 5x: ISO 1000, f-8, 1/60th.
- Bud 4x: ISO 3200, f-16, 1/60th
- Bud 3x: ISO 200, f-16, 1/5th
- Bud 2x: ISO 200, f-16, 1/6th
- Bud 1x: ISO 200, f-16, 1/5th
- Narcissus petal upper, 5x: ISO 640, f-8, 1/80th
- Nacissus petal lower, 5x: ISO 640, f-8, 1/80th
- Bottom, Periwinkle petal, 5x: ISO 250, f-8, 1/60th