Every few weeks we are visited by our granddaughter and her family.
They stayed last weekend and one of the things we got up to was a visit to the local park with her dad.
And of course I had my camera, so here are a couple of shots from that outing.
I am especially pleased with the first one.
I am off on a work trip and holiday for a few weeks and have no idea if I will be able to post during that time.
Probably some photos will show up on Instagram, but I am only taking film cameras with me (not counting my aging phone) so I won’t have results till I get home.
I have regular outings with my mother, almost always on the Saanich Peninsula since that is where she lives.
This spring we have been several times to St. Stephens churchyard in the Mt. Newton valley.
We keep on going back because the flowers have changed every week or two – they are mix of traditional English and local native species.
Two weeks ago when the picture above was taken, the local Fawn Lillies (see below) were in abundance.
A few weeks earlier it was crocuses.
Yesterday when we made our most recent visit it was bluebells and daisies (and lizards!).
All these pictures taken while testing a new-t0-me Mamiya C330 Pro F wearing a Mamiya-Sekor 80/2.8 lens.
I posted one of these frames a month or two ago (here).
But I did have in mind when shooting that I might scan some of the frames I shot as a single image, as I often do with the half-frame Olympus Pen.
This image combines two favourite subjects, my mother and the storm drain, along with a favourite camera.
I took this shot mid-February on one of those really nice days that are also a bit crisp.
It took some effort to get to the storm drain and I did not want to leave her alone for too long, so there was no time for the careful composition these multiple frames normally require.
Still, it came out alright.
There is one more image which might show up combined with one of these as a diptych.
I posted before with an image from my 1960 Olympus Pen half-frame camera which had a roll of film in it that I started in 2015.
That previous post had a nice portrait of the grandmother of the then little person in this post.
Around back in Masset, Haida Gwaii.
It actually is the front too since this was taken from the entrance to the motel I was staying at a while back.
The front side on the inlet has no door.
Which shows my confusion regarding defining criteria for front and back.
This is another experiment trying to work out how to make a post via Instagram with the least amount of work.
This time around, for no reason I can decipher, there is no image placed in my Media Library in WordPress, so I can’t set a featured image.
Which might mean that the email notifications and Reader summaries won’t have an image.
When this publishes, I will know!
This is a Polaroid pinhole made with homemade camera using Fuji FP100c on #expiredfilmday. The graffiti is on a building that is repainted with street art every few weeks as far as I can tell. F327 at about 30 seconds.
This is also another experiment with applets to send images from Instagram to a WordPress post. This applet is more functional than WordPress’s – it allows for a blank title, more control over content and content order, and can be sent as a draft. Which means I can clean it up before I publish it, and there is less clean up than with the other one. None of these applets seem to allow Instagram posts to be forwarded if that post has multiple images, so I have added another image below. And, the real fly in the ointment is that if you have a Twitter publicize enabled, then it sends the draft post to Twitter where obviously the links won’t work, and it is a draft. So that may kill the whole idea of using material from Instagram as the basis for some of my WordPress blogs.
I shared a poor quality phone shot of this Polaroid before on Instagram. It is from a Polaroid Spectra 2 on original film more than 10 years expired. It came out of the camera without an image so I forced the chemicals out of the pouch with my fingers.
This is also an experiment with a WordPress applet to see how it comes across in my blog
EDIT: So, that didn’t work how I expected – it put the Instagram text as a title, not as text. Maybe there is another applet that would work better, though this is in fact WordPress’s very own one. Perhaps the answer is to create a draft post and edit it before publishing, though that defeats the purpose to a large degree.
See my About page for details.